\stˈɜːd͡ʒən], \stˈɜːdʒən], \s_t_ˈɜː_dʒ_ə_n]\
Definitions of STURGEON
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
Any one of numerous species of large cartilaginous ganoid fishes belonging to Acipenser and allied genera of the family Acipenseridae. They run up rivers to spawn, and are common on the coasts and in the large rivers and lakes of North America, Europe, and Asia. Caviare is prepared from the roe, and isinglass from the air bladder.
By Oddity Software
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
Template Bleeding Time
- Duration blood flow after skin puncture. This test is used as a measure of capillary and platelet function.