\stˈə͡ʊni], \stˈəʊni], \s_t_ˈəʊ_n_i]\
Definitions of STONY
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Converting into stone; petrifying; petrific.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By James Champlin Fernald
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- (1732-1796), a famous astronomer, member Committee Safety in 1776 and treasurer Pennsylvania from 1777 to 1789. He was director of the U.S. mint 1792 1795.