\stˈɑːlɪŋ], \stˈɑːlɪŋ], \s_t_ˈɑː_l_ɪ_ŋ]\
Definitions of STARLING
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
Any passerine bird belonging to Sturnus and allied genera. The European starling (Sturnus vulgaris) is dark brown or greenish black, with a metallic gloss, and spotted with yellowish white. It is a sociable bird, and builds about houses, old towers, etc. Called also stare, and starred. The pied starling of India is Sternopastor contra.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.