\səlˈɪdɪti], \səlˈɪdɪti], \s_ə_l_ˈɪ_d_ɪ_t_i]\
Definitions of SOLIDITY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
The state or quality of being solid; density; consistency, -- opposed to fluidity; compactness; fullness of matter, -- opposed to openness or hollowness; strength; soundness, -- opposed to weakness or instability; the primary quality or affection of matter by which its particles exclude or resist all others; hardness; massiveness.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. The state of being solid ; fulness of matter : not hollowness ;-not fluidity compactness ; hardness ; firmness; density ;-moral firmness ; intellectual strength : certainty ; truth ; validity ;-in physics, that property of matter by which it excludes all other bodies from the space which it occupies ; impenetrability ;-the solid contents of a body ; volume.
Word of the day
magnetic storage medium
- any storage medium which different patterns magnetization are used to represent stored bits or bytes of information; "the hard disk in you computer is magnetic storage"