\sˈɪtə], \sˈɪtə], \s_ˈɪ_t_ə]\
Definitions of SITTER
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
One who sits; to sit down, to place one's self on a chair or seat; to settle; to fix one's abode; to be seated; to begin a siege; to sit for a portrait, to assume, for a limited time, a proper position to allow one's portrait to be painted by an artist; to sit out, to remain till all is done; to sit up, to rise from a recumbent position; not to go to bed.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.