\ɹˈɛvəɹˌi], \ɹˈɛvəɹˌi], \ɹ_ˈɛ_v_ə_ɹ_ˌi]\
Definitions of REVERIE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Robley Dunglison
n. [French] A kind of waking dream; loose musing; unconscious meditation; state in which the mind abandons itself without active control over the subjects or processes of thought, to the suggestions of fancy and associations of imagination, memory, &c.;â€” a romantic vision; vain dream; chimera;â€” absent or dreamy state of mind.
Word of the day
- A genus of small tapeworms birds and mammals. A genus of Cestoda or tapeworms. A cestode worm order Cyclophyllideae, family Hymenolepinidae, genus Hymenolepis. includes several genera, such as H. Diminuta, occasionally infesting children, and Nana, or the dwarf tapeworm of children. Flavopuncta. See Taenia flavopuncta, under tenia.