\pˈa͡ɪθən], \pˈaɪθən], \p_ˈaɪ_θ_ə_n]\
Definitions of PYTHON
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A genus of large serpents, family Boidae, nearly allied to the boa, from which they differ in having the plates on the under surface of the tail double. They are natives of the Old World, and are found in the East Indies, South Africa, and elsewhere. They sometimes attain a length of 30 feet. They are not venomous, but kill their prey by compression.
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- fruit like that rose, consisting a cup formed of the calyx tube receptacle, and containing achenes. [Greek] An etaerio with achenes placed on concave thalamus.