\pɹˌɒfɪlˈaksɪs], \pɹˌɒfɪlˈaksɪs], \p_ɹ_ˌɒ_f_ɪ_l_ˈa_k_s_ɪ_s]\
Definitions of PROPHYLAXIS
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
The art of preserving from, or of preventing, disease; the observance of the rules necessary for the preservation of health; preservative or preventive treatment.
By Oddity Software
By William R. Warner
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- A disease characterized by an irresistible desire to eat earth, observed in some parts of the southern United States, West Indies, etc.