\pɹˈɒfəsi], \pɹˈɒfəsi], \p_ɹ_ˈɒ_f_ə_s_i]\
Definitions of PROPHECY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
A declaration of something to come; a foretelling; a prediction; esp., an inspired foretelling.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A declaration of something to come: a prediction: public interpretation of Scripture: instruction: (B.) also, a book of prophecies.
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A declaration of something to come by one commissioned by God; a prediction; a book of prophecies; preaching; instruction.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- A genus of small tapeworms birds and mammals. A genus of Cestoda or tapeworms. A cestode worm order Cyclophyllideae, family Hymenolepinidae, genus Hymenolepis. includes several genera, such as H. Diminuta, occasionally infesting children, and Nana, or the dwarf tapeworm of children. Flavopuncta. See Taenia flavopuncta, under tenia.