\pɹˈɒfəsi], \pɹˈɒfəsi], \p_ɹ_ˈɒ_f_ə_s_i]\
Definitions of PROPHECY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
A declaration of something to come; a foretelling; a prediction; esp., an inspired foretelling.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A declaration of something to come: a prediction: public interpretation of Scripture: instruction: (B.) also, a book of prophecies.
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A declaration of something to come by one commissioned by God; a prediction; a book of prophecies; preaching; instruction.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.