\pɹˈa͡ɪmə], \pɹˈaɪmə], \p_ɹ_ˈaɪ_m_ə]\
Definitions of PRIMER
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
n. [Latin] A small prayer-book for church service ;--the office of the Virgin Mary ;-a small elementary book for teaching children to read ;-a kind of type of which there are two species-one called long-primer, the other called great-primer, larger than pica, and the largest type used in printing books.