\pɹɪsbˈa͡ɪtə], \pɹɪsbˈaɪtə], \p_ɹ_ɪ_s_b_ˈaɪ_t_ə]\
Definitions of PRESBYTER
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
n. [Latin] An elder ; one of ripe years ordained to bear rule in the church, and to feed the flock over which the Holy Ghost had made him overseer ;-a pastor ; one who has the cure of souls in a particular parish or district ;-in Episcopal churches, one ordained to the second order in the ministry a priest ;-a Presbyterian.