\pˈa͡ʊndɪd͡ʒ], \pˈaʊndɪdʒ], \p_ˈaʊ_n_d_ɪ_dʒ]\
Definitions of POUNDAGE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. A sum deducted from the pound, or an allowance on each pound, as for commission, discount, ; - a subsidy of 12 pence in the pound, formerly granted to the crown on all goods exported or imported ;-the sum allowed to a sheriff or other officer upon the amount raised by execution-estimated at so much on the pound ;-a fine levied on the owner of cattle that had been impounded.