\pˈa͡ɪp], \pˈaɪp], \p_ˈaɪ_p]\
Definitions of PIPE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
Any long hollow tube; as, iron pipe; a tube of clay, wood, etc., with a bowl at one end for smoking tobacco; as much tobacco as the bowl will hold; a wine measure equal to two hogsheads, or 105 imperial gallons, or 126 wine-gallons; a high-pitched voice; as, the pipe of a child; the note or call of a bird or insect; a musical wind-instrument consisting of a hollow tube, as a flute.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A thin hollow cylinder; a tube; a long tube or cylinder for conveying water, gas, steam, &c.; a wind musical instrument consisting of a pipe or tube of wood or metal; the key or pitch of the voice; a tube of clay or wood, &c., of the diameter of a goose-quill, with a turned-up open head, for smoking tobacco; the roll of creditors in the Exchequer.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. [Anglo-Saxon, Icelandic] A wind instrument of music, consisting of a long tube of wood or metal;â€”any long tube or hollow body;â€”a tube of clay with a bowl at one end, used in smoking tobacco;â€”a cask, usually containing 126 gallons, used for wine; or the quantity which it contains;â€”organ of respiration or vocal utterance;â€”sound or pitch of the voice;â€”also, vocal power.
Word of the day
- An operation remobilize footplate of the stapes to relieve conductive hearing impairment caused by its immobilization through otosclerosis or middle ear disease. (Stedman, 26th ed)