\fˌɪzɪˈɒləd͡ʒi], \fˌɪzɪˈɒlədʒi], \f_ˌɪ_z_ɪ__ˈɒ_l_ə_dʒ_i]\
Definitions of PHYSIOLOGY
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
Formerly, Physiology meant the same as Physics, in its extensive signification, now does. At the present day, it includes the science which treats of the functions of animals or vegetables; an acquaintance with the phenomena the aggregate of which constitute life. It is the science of life. It is divided into animal-Zoopthysiologia, or Zoobiologia; and vegetable- Phytophysiologia, or Phytobiologia, according as it considers the life of animals or of vegetables singly. Comparative physiology comprises both. Physiology is, also, general or special, according as it treats of life in the abstract or in some particular species. To the latter belongs the Physiology of Man,-called also, Hygienic Physiology to distinguish it from Pathological Physiology or Pathology.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- This term refers the Administration of files, documents records created received by an organization ensure proper authorization and procedure for handling or having access to records.