\flˈɛɡmən], \flˈɛɡmən], \f_l_ˈɛ_ɡ_m_ə_n]\
Definitions of PHLEGMON
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Inflammation of the areolar texture accompanied with redness, circumscribed swelling, increased heat and pain; which is, at first, tensive and lancinating; afterwards, pulsatory and heavy. It is apt to terminate in suppuration. It requires the anti-phlogistic treatment, until suppuration seems inevitable, when the suppuration must be encouraged as the next favourable termination to resolution.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- German musician and Romantic composer of orchestral choral works (1809-1847)