\pˌɛɹɪstˈə͡ʊm], \pˌɛɹɪstˈəʊm], \p_ˌɛ_ɹ_ɪ_s_t_ˈəʊ_m]\
Definitions of PERISTOME
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
In bot., the ring of bristles situated around the orifice or mouth of the seed-vessels in mosses; the simple or double membrane closing the mouth or opening in the theca of mosses, which membrane becomes divided into a definite number of laminae, termed teeth, after the removal of the lid in the ripe state.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.