\ˈə͡ʊnənˌɪzəm], \ˈəʊnənˌɪzəm], \ˈəʊ_n_ə_n_ˌɪ_z_ə_m]\
Definitions of ONANISM
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
1. Withdrawal before the completion of the sexual act, in order to prevent insemination and fecundation of the ovum. 2. Masturbation.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe