\ɒlfˈakʃən], \ɒlfˈakʃən], \ɒ_l_f_ˈa_k_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of OLFACTION
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1900 - A dictionary of medicine and the allied sciences
- 1919 - The concise Oxford dictionary of current English
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
The sense by which we perceive the impressions made on the olfactory nerves by the odorous particles suspended in the atmosphere. The olfactory nerve or first pair has usually been considered the great nerve of smell; and it is probably the nerve of special sensibility, general sensibility being communicated by the branches of the fifth pair, distributed on the pituitary membrane of the nose and sinuses.
By Robley Dunglison
By Alexander Duane
By Sir Augustus Henry