\mˈa͡ɪkɹə͡ʊtˌə͡ʊm], \mˈaɪkɹəʊtˌəʊm], \m_ˈaɪ_k_ɹ_əʊ_t_ˌəʊ_m]\
Definitions of MICROTOME
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William R. Warner
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Syn.: section cutter. An apparatus for making thin sections of objects. Many kinds have been devised, some serving to hold the object and move it sufficiently for the successive sections, which are made by passing a knife along the guide by hand. In others both knife and object are held by the machine, and the powder may be applied by hand or by a special mechanism. Frequently the object must be moved sufficiently for the sections by turning a screw by hand; in other cases all the movements are automatic.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe