\mətˈabəlˌɪzəm], \mətˈabəlˌɪzəm], \m_ə_t_ˈa_b_ə_l_ˌɪ_z_ə_m]\
Definitions of METABOLISM
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By James Champlin Fernald
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Of Schwann, the series of chemical changes occurring in nutritive material taken into an organism by which it is converted into an integral part of the living substance, also the changes taking place in living substance by which energy is set free. In modern physiology the term is used to include the functional chemical changes occurring in the living cell. [Gr.]
By Smith Ely Jelliffe