\lʌɡʒjˈʊɹɪəs], \lʌɡʒjˈʊɹɪəs], \l_ʌ_ɡ_ʒ_j_ˈʊ_ɹ_ɪ__ə_s]\
Definitions of LUXURIOUS
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
furnishing gratification of the senses; "an epicurean banquet"; "enjoyed a luxurious suite with a crystal chandelier and thick oriental rugs"; "Lucullus spent the remainder of his days in voluptuous magnificence"; "a chinchilla robe of sybaritic lavishness"
By Princeton University
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
beta Aspartic Acid
- An residue in chains that linked at beta-group instead normal, alpha-carboxyl group, polypeptide linkage. It is a result of the spontaneous decomposition aspartic acid or ASPARAGINE residues.