\lˌɪθəntɹˈɪptɪk], \lˌɪθəntɹˈɪptɪk], \l_ˌɪ_θ_ə_n_t_ɹ_ˈɪ_p_t_ɪ_k]\
Definitions of LITHONTRIPTIC
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
A remedy believed to be capable of dissolving calculi in the urinary passages. There is not much reliance to be placed upon such remedies. By antilithics, exhibited according to the chemical character of the calculus (see Calculi, urinary,) the disease may be prevented from increasing; but most of the vaunted lithontriptics for dissolving the calculus already formed have been found unworthy of the high encomiums which have accompanied their introduction.
By Robley Dunglison