\lˈiːvz], \lˈiːvz], \l_ˈiː_v_z]\
Definitions of LEAVES
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
By James Champlin Fernald
The green deciduous expanded organ of a plant, in which the sap is elaborated by contact with the air and light; a part of a book containing two pages; the side of a window-shutter, folding-door, &c; a something resembling a leaf in thinness and extension; a very thin plate; the moveable side of a table.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.