\ɪnfˌɪbjʊlˈe͡ɪʃən], \ɪnfˌɪbjʊlˈeɪʃən], \ɪ_n_f_ˌɪ_b_j_ʊ_l_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of INFIBULATION
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
A general term encompassing three types of excision of the external female genitalia - Sunna, clitoridectomy, and infibulation. It is associated with severe health risks and has been declared illegal in many places, but continues to be widely practiced in a number of countries, particularly in Africa.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland