\ɪnklɪnˈe͡ɪʃən], \ɪnklɪnˈeɪʃən], \ɪ_n_k_l_ɪ_n_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of INCLINATION
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
A leaning or bending towards, often downwards; a bent, tendency, or proneness; a leaning of the mind; a disposition more favourable to one thing than to another; the dip of the magnetic needle, or its tendency to incline towards the earth; the angle made by two lines or planes which meet, or would meet, if produced.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A bending or sloping either downwards or upwards; the direction of one body with respect to another when measured by the angle formed at the point of meeting; tendency or leaning towards; bias of mind or will; propensity; desire; love : inclined plane, a sloping surface; one of the five mechanical powers.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
n. Act of inclining ; leaning ;- tendency towards a point ;-bent of the mind or will ; propensity ; natural aptness ;- particular disposition ; bias ; favour for one thing more than another ;- love her ; fancy of : regard ; desire ;- in pharmacy, the act of decanting a clear liquid from sediment ; - the dip of the magnetic needle;- the meeting of two lines or planes in a point, or the angle of their incidence.
Word of the day
- Urinary bladder, vesica urinaria.