\hˌɪstɔːɹɪˈɒɡɹəfi], \hˌɪstɔːɹɪˈɒɡɹəfi], \h_ˌɪ_s_t_ɔː_ɹ_ɪ__ˈɒ_ɡ_ɹ_ə_f_i]\
Definitions of HISTORIOGRAPHY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Noah Webster.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- An Italian lyric poet(1552-1637); born at Savona. Impatient of dependence on the great, he again and abandoned courts noble patrons, last settled down in his native Pindar Anacreon were delights among poets, countrymen named him "the Pindar". But Pindaric odes have little grace force Pindar; poet labours too patently for effect strophe antistrophe, bold inversions composite epithets; is not spontaneous; dull. Yet some songs after are models elegance grace. epic dramatic poems hardly rise above mediocrity. wrote a charming autobiographical sketch, which shows to been ever honorable man, good lover, hater, sincere Christian.