\ɡɹˈɒtə͡ʊ], \ɡɹˈɒtəʊ], \ɡ_ɹ_ˈɒ_t_əʊ]\
Definitions of GROTTO
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- A genus of small Foraminifera, which live abundantly at or near the surface sea. Their dead shells, falling to bottom, make up large part soft mud, generally found in depths below 3,000 feet, and called globigerina ooze. See Illust. Foraminifera. glob-i-je-r[=i]'na, n. a genus typical of GlobigerinidÃ¦, pelagic family foraminifers.