\ɡˈʌvənə], \ɡˈʌvənə], \ɡ_ˈʌ_v_ə_n_ə]\
Definitions of GOVERNOR
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. He who has all power and authority; God; Christ;â€”one invested with supreme authority in a state; ruler; magistrate;â€”one acting with delegated authority;â€”a father; a guardian; a tutor;â€”a pilot;â€”head manager or director, as of a banking corporation:â€”a contrivance in mills or machinery for maintaining a uniform velocity with a variable resistance.
Word of the day
- Of or pertaining to the Hyracoidea. One of the Hyracoidea.