\ɡɒlθˈi͡əɹɪə], \ɡɒlθˈiəɹɪə], \ɡ_ɒ_l_θ_ˈiə_ɹ_ɪ__ə]\
Definitions of GAULTHERIA
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
An American plant, which is one of the principal articles of the materia medica of some Indian tribes. The infusion of the leaves is stimulant and anodyne, and is said to have been used, with advantage, in asthma. The oil -Oleum Gaultheriae, Ph. U. S.,-is used, chiefly on account of its pleasant flavour, to cover the taste of other medicines.
By Robley Dunglison