\flˈʌʃɪŋ], \flˈʌʃɪŋ], \f_l_ˈʌ_ʃ_ɪ_ŋ]\
Definitions of FLUSHING
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
A glow of red, as in the face; as, the disease is characterized by frequent flushings of the face; in weaving, a thread which, in the process of twilling, spans several threads of the warp without intersection; a floating; a kind of stout woollen cloth; "Some stout skipper paces his deck in a suit of flushing."-C. Reade.
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.