\ˌɛtɪmˈɒləd͡ʒˌɪst], \ˌɛtɪmˈɒlədʒˌɪst], \ˌɛ_t_ɪ_m_ˈɒ_l_ə_dʒ_ˌɪ_s_t]\
Definitions of ETYMOLOGIST
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Noah Webster.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By James Champlin Fernald
Word of the day
Marcy, Randolph B.
- (1812-1887), served Mexican War, and brevetted major-general for services during Civil War. From 1869 to 1881 he was inspector-general. published "Exploration of the Red River" in 1852.