\ˈɛɹɪbəs], \ˈɛɹɪbəs], \ˈɛ_ɹ_ɪ_b_ə_s]\
Definitions of EREBUS
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
In myth. (a) the son of Chaos and Darkness, who married his sister Night and was the father of the Light and Day; he was transformed into a river and plunged into Tartarus, because he aided the Titans: hence- (b) the lower world, particularly that part of it which is the abode of virtuous shades; hades; hell.
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.