\ˈɛt͡ʃɪnəs], \ˈɛtʃɪnəs], \ˈɛ_tʃ_ɪ_n_ə_s]\
Definitions of ECHINUS
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
The sea-hedgehog, a term applied to radiate animals, having nearly the form of a sphere, flattened on the lower side, and covered with a firm shell, set with movable spines; a prickly head or top of a plant; an echinated pericarp; an ornament, called "the egg and tongue," or "the egg and anchor" ornament, that often occurs in classical architecture, carved on the ovolo.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- city in southeastern Congo near the border with Zambia; a copper mining center; former name (until 1966) was Elisabethville