\dɪspˈɛnsəɹi], \dɪspˈɛnsəɹi], \d_ɪ_s_p_ˈɛ_n_s_ə_ɹ_i]\
Definitions of DISPENSARY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
1. A physician's office, especially the office of one who dispenses his own medicines. 2. The office of a hospital apothecary, where medicines are given out on the physicians orders. 3. (a) An out-patient department of a hospital; (b) a public institution where the sick poor receive gratuitous treatment.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe