\kˈɒstli], \kˈɒstli], \k_ˈɒ_s_t_l_i]\
Definitions of COSTLY
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- An Italian lyric poet(1552-1637); born at Savona. Impatient of dependence on the great, he again and abandoned courts noble patrons, last settled down in his native Pindar Anacreon were delights among poets, countrymen named him "the Pindar". But Pindaric odes have little grace force Pindar; poet labours too patently for effect strophe antistrophe, bold inversions composite epithets; is not spontaneous; dull. Yet some songs after are models elegance grace. epic dramatic poems hardly rise above mediocrity. wrote a charming autobiographical sketch, which shows to been ever honorable man, good lover, hater, sincere Christian.