\kastɹˈe͡ɪʃən], \kastɹˈeɪʃən], \k_a_s_t_ɹ_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of CASTRATION
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
The operation of removing the testicles. Sometimes the term is employed for the operation when performed on one testicle; hence the division into complete and incomplete castration. Castration renders the individual incapable of reproduction. The term Spaying is usually restricted to the removal of the ovaries.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe