\bjʊ͡əɹˈɒkɹəsˌi], \bjʊəɹˈɒkɹəsˌi], \b_j_ʊə_ɹ_ˈɒ_k_ɹ_ə_s_ˌi]\
Definitions of BUREAUCRACY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
Government by bureaus, or departments, each under a head or chief; government by an official class; officials of the government spoken of collectively.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- someone who saves something from danger or violence One who recovers. The demandant in a common recovery, after judgment has been given his favor.