\bˈanɪən], \bˈanɪən], \b_ˈa_n_ɪ__ə_n]\
Definitions of BANYAN
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. A kind of fig-tree whose branches drop shoots to the ground, which take root and form new stocks, till they cover a space of many hundred feet in circumference baobab, n. The largest known tree, a native of tropical Africa. The trunk is from 20 to 30 feet in thickness, while the branches are often 70 feet long. and from a hemispherical head of 150 feet in diameter.