\babˈuːn], \babˈuːn], \b_a_b_ˈuː_n]\
Definitions of BABOON
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
A genus of the subfamily CERCOPITHECINAE, family CERCOPITHECIDAE, consisting of seven named species: P. ursinus (chacma baboon), P. cynocephalus (yellow baboon), P. papio (western or Guinea baboon), P. anubis (anubis or olive baboon), P. hamadryas (hamadryas or sacred baboon), P. sphinx (mandrill), and P. leucophaeus (drill). Some authors have recognized a separate genus for the drill and mandrill: Mandrillus. The Papio genus is geographically distributed throughout east and west Africa, Arabia, Egypt, and the Sudan.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.