\ˈɔːtəmətˌɪzəm], \ˈɔːtəmətˌɪzəm], \ˈɔː_t_ə_m_ə_t_ˌɪ_z_ə_m]\
Definitions of AUTOMATISM
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
1. A state of independence of the will or of central innervation, said of the heart's action. 2. A condition in which movements are made without conscious exercise of the will. 3. A condition in which a neuropathic or psychopathic individual is consciously or unconsciously, but involuntarily, compelled to the performance of certain acts, often purposeless and sometimes foolish or harmful.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland