\ˌantɪvˈɜːʃən], \ˌantɪvˈɜːʃən], \ˌa_n_t_ɪ_v_ˈɜː_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of ANTEVERSION
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1895 - Glossary of terms and phrases
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
Displacement of the uterus, in which the fundus is turned towards the pubes, whilst its orifice is towards the sacrum. It may be caused by extraordinary size of the pelvis, pressure of the Viscera on the uterus, etc.; and is recognised by examination per vaginam. A simple forward inclination of the body of the uterus, without the os uteri being carried much backwards, is termed Anteflex'ion of the u'terus, Anteflex'io u'teri. Not unfrequently, however, it is used synonymously with Retroversion of the Uterus. See Retroversio uteri.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe