\ˈankəɹət], \ˈankəɹət], \ˈa_n_k_ə_ɹ_ə_t]\
Definitions of ANCHORET
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- city in southeastern Congo near the border with Zambia; a copper mining center; former name (until 1966) was Elisabethville