\ˈalkəlˌa͡ɪn], \ˈalkəlˌaɪn], \ˈa_l_k_ə_l_ˌaɪ_n]\
Definitions of ALKALINE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Daniel Lyons
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
ATP Binding Cassette, Sub Family B Proteins
- A subfamily transmembrane the superfamily TRANSPORTERS that closely related in GLYCOPROTEIN. When overexpressed, function as dependent efflux pumps able extrude lipophilic drugs, especially ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS, from cells causing resistance (DRUG RESISTANCE, MULTIPLE). Although P-Glycoproteins share functional similarities to MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE-ASSOCIATED PROTEINS they are two distinct subclasses of ATP-BINDING CASSETTE TRANSPORTERS, and have little sequence homology.