\ˈadənˌɔ͡ɪd], \ˈadənˌɔɪd], \ˈa_d_ə_n_ˌɔɪ_d]\
Definitions of ADENOID
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
1. Gland-like, adeniform, lymphoid; noting a form of connective tissue found in the lymph nodes, spleen, tonsils, solitary and aggregated nodules of the intestine, red bone-marrow, and elsewhere; it consists of a connective-tissue framework, or reticulum, containing masses of round cells (lymphocytes) in its interstices. 2. In the plural, hypertrophy of the lymphoid nodules in the posterior wall of the nasopharynx, the pharyngeal or Luschka's tonsil.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- An order of diseases in which there is increased coagulability the blood. - Hyperinosis sanguinis.- Fuchs.