\ɐksˈɛptəbə͡l], \ɐksˈɛptəbəl], \ɐ_k_s_ˈɛ_p_t_ə_b_əl]\
Definitions of ACCEPTABLE
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
(linguistics) judged to be in conformity with approved usage; "acceptable English usage"
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Princeton University
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- contrivance by which the dies used in screw-cutting are held. A contrivance to hold the dies for cutting screws.